Audio out (headphone) socket on hp 17-ak014 lappy

indego 16:06 09 Feb 2018

Afternoon all, The laptop is in warranty and I am not getting much support from HP. The problem is, until recently, I had no need to make use of the headphone socket, but when I try to insert the jack plug into the socket, it will not fully locate without using excess force, which I am not prepared to do for the fear of damaging the socket. Advice please. Thank you.

wee eddie 16:39 09 Feb 2018

You need to contact the folk you bought it from. It is they that are responsible for any problems, not the manufacturer.

Are you sure that you are musing the correct format of jack Plug foe the socket you have chosen. For example your Jack Plug may be a combined Mic/Speaker Jack and the Socket, speaker only

indego 16:56 09 Feb 2018

Hi Wee Eddie, Thanks for your response. I am not sure that I am using the correct jack plug after viewing you reply. The socket is listed on the set up instructions as 'Audio-out (headphone)/Audio-in (microphone) combo jack'. I take it that a standard stereo headphone jack plug will not be good enough.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:43 09 Feb 2018

I take it that a standard stereo headphone jack plug will not be good enough.

you need an adaptor to plug in a standard 3.5mm jack plug

indego 18:55 09 Feb 2018

Thank you, Fruit Bat /\o/\

indego 16:40 18 Feb 2018

Hi Fruit Bat /\o/\ In error I clicked on a check mark today at date 09 Feb timed at 18.43. I apologise for this error and hope it doesn't send out the wrong message to other users of the site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

How designers created the world of smash hit drama Bodyguard

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables