Audio book software

wrg 09:54 03 Oct 2009

Morning all

I want to put my childrens story cd's onto an MP3 player, however the stories break down into individual audio tracks. Is anyone aware of a piece of software (free is poss) that can convert/change each track into one audio file.

Thanks

wrg

wrg 10:22 03 Oct 2009

I am using Windows Media Player and my mp3 player is a sony. Thanks for your response

wrg 21:02 04 Oct 2009

Thanks for your thoughts. WMP does not seem to have that option. The cd's I want to copy are story cd's. They are broken down into individual parts i.e chapter 1, chapter 2 & when I burn they rip as that. I want to combine C1,2,3,4 & so on

ashdav 23:39 04 Oct 2009

Rip the individual tracks to mp3 using WMP then join them together into one mp3 file using Avidemux click here
This is primarily a video joining program but you can disable the video function and just append audio tracks.
It's free too !

wrg 09:55 05 Oct 2009

Thanks for that.

I will give it a go

wrg 18:31 06 Oct 2009

ashdav

I gave that a go and it was not successful. Every time I tried to load a file it would not do it BUT I have found a great piece of s/w that I was able to use. It may be basic but did exactly what I wanted. The name of the s/w is SHUANGS AUDIO JOINER, so easy to use.

ashdav 00:01 08 Oct 2009

Avidemux is not the easiest thing to use but I managed to do what you wanted.
Can't remember exactly what I did but it does work.
Anyway glad you got yourself sorted out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?