Audigy2 ZS problems

Jonathon J-189322 12:50 23 Oct 2004

I've just got the Audigy2 ZS sound card and after installing it there is a constant hiss coming from the speakers. I've tried it in each of the PCI slots, updated my BIOS, muted inputs that I am not using, downloaded the new drivers, tried altering the speaker settings, all without any joy!!

I'm running:
Windows XP with service pack 2
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
1024 RAM
nVidia 5200 FX graphics

I also have a DLink network card, although I've been told that has no affect!! My computer is set to ACPI mode.

Can any help me please?? I've been pulling my hair out over this one!!!

Jonathon

JIM 13:02 23 Oct 2004

It's just a quick thought,have you got the Speaker Settings (Digital Output Only)box. clear /unticked.

Jonathon J-189322 13:07 23 Oct 2004

I do have it checked yes, but even when checked or unchecked I still get the same problem.

mrgrimsdale 23:51 25 Nov 2004

Sounds to me like you have the speakers plugged in to the digital audio socket ... if they're analog (normal) speakers you will just hear a hiss. Try the fourth socket along ... the middle one: fourth from either side if you count the firewire port.

Jonathon J-189322 14:48 26 Nov 2004

You are absolutely right that was the problem!!! :-) I managed to sort it a few weeks ago after trying everything in the meantime!!!!

Thank you for your help!!

Jonathon

Jonathon J-189322 14:50 26 Nov 2004

You are absolutely right that was the problem!!! :-) I managed to sort it a few weeks ago after trying everything in the meantime!!!!

Thank you for your help!!

Jonathon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?