Asus PDF motherboard manual asking for password

GaT7 21:26 04 Aug 2014
Answered

I've been through many motherboards (incl Asus) & their PDF manuals in my lifetime, but never come across this one before!

On downloading any of the English PDF manuals from here, I'm being asked to enter a password to open it. Would anyone have a clue what this could be? Thanks, G

1]: [click here

rdave13 21:43 04 Aug 2014

Had a look but it only asks for the OS for me.

rdave13 21:48 04 Aug 2014

Motherboard P8B75-M LX pdf.

GaT7 21:49 04 Aug 2014

As mentioned - after downloading the PDF manual & trying to open it, it (the PDF file) asks for a password. G

rdave13 22:00 04 Aug 2014

Motherboard P8B75-M LX pdf. Global(DLM) Version E7741 opens fully for me on Win 8.1 without a password query.

GaT7 22:12 04 Aug 2014

Thanks rdave13, I'm on WinXP. This is what I'm getting when I try to open any of the English ones:

Screenshot 1]: [click here

rdave13 23:05 04 Aug 2014
Answer

I use Windows' own PDF reader so possibly try another reader?

BRYNIT 08:18 05 Aug 2014

I just tried and have had no problems with any of the English file.

I use Firefox and Adobe reader, when I click on any PDF download links Adobe automatically opens them in a web page, even if I downloading to my computer and opening them I have still have no problems.

The puzzle now is what on your computer could be causing this problem.

GaT7 15:08 05 Aug 2014

Thanks guys, installed Foxit Reader & it now works as it should. I thought about trying a different PDF reader but was a bit lazy to do so!

I was using SlimPDF Reader to open it, which I've been using for the last couple of years with no problems. Switched from Foxit Reader, which I'd used for the previous 7-8 years. Was using Adobe Reader previous to these, but found it slow to start up & heavy on resources, hence the move to the much 'lighter' ones. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?