Asus laptop USB port error

Jananuwan 03:57 03 Feb 2019

My laptop is Asus X556U series.it only have two usb ports.both of them are 3.0. now the right side one have this problem... I plugged a usb device(usb keyboard,mouse,pen drive) to that port and turn on the laptop.then down arrow key of laptop keypad is pressing continueesly like the key is struck.when i press the up arrow key it stops and come back to normal.it happens only when pluged a usb device before turn on the laptop or after plugged and restart. when it happen i can't click any descktop icon or scroll up.because down arrow key is struck. I watch closely in outside there is no any wrong in the key button. it's just fine.it only happens when plug a usb device to the lap top before turning on or after plugged in and restart.can someone help me with this matter. really sorry for my bad English.

howard64 05:59 03 Feb 2019

some laptops will not start if any usb devices are plugged in at start up. The easiest thing you can do is make sure there are none plugged in until after the laptop has started.

Jananuwan 06:13 03 Feb 2019

It doesn't happened before.i use my laptop to play games.so i use a usb mouse and keyboard.before happening this i always keep mouse and keyboard plugged in.this error came recently.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:49 03 Feb 2019

Got into device manager

Use the keypad to uninstall the ALL USB ports - then winows key - Power _ Restart (not shut down).

windows should reinstall the ports.

See if that solves the problem.

Jananuwan 11:03 03 Feb 2019

Try it nothing change.still have the problem as the same.it only in one usb port.other one is working correctly.

martin mcginn 10:07 04 Feb 2019

Open device manager.then go to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and expand by hitting the arrow to the left of it. Find your USB root hubs, right click and hit uninstall (not disable!!!). Keep in mind if you are using a USB mouse it will stop working when doing this.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?