ASUS doesn't regognize NVIDIA GTX 770

umerinjohn2014 11:27 27 Aug 2018

Hi, i have an asus rog g20aj with a nvidia gtx 770 and i have a big problem. sometimes when i turn on the PC, the bios (i think) doesn't recognize the graphic card, and no video signal is available. So i have to connect the HDMI cable to the integrated graphic card to view something on the screen. (a message from the motherboard appear:"the vga card is not supported by UEFI driver"). But after 10-20 times that i tried to restart the PC, NVIDIA 770 works. I tried to update all the driver but nothing changed. So i don't know what should i do :??:

i'm really desperate

rdave13 12:40 27 Aug 2018

If it works intermittently I would check if the card and power connection are seated properly. The case is unusual so don't know how easy it is to get to. Another thing to try is to disable fast boot in the UEFI.

umerinjohn2014 10:34 28 Aug 2018

i already tried to disable the fast boot but nothing changed. I tried also to unplug e plug the video card but nothing changed. help meeeeeee

Bris 20:17 28 Aug 2018

I think you could have a faulty graphics card. The reason I say this is because if you keep trying you eventually get it to work.

If the fault occurs all the time then it would point to a setting in the UEFI such as fast boot or CSM but as you have not mentioned flashing the UEFI or changing any of the settings then this is unlikely.

This is nothing to do with OS drivers. When you boot a PC one of the first things the UEFI will do is to access the BIOS in the graphics card (VBIOS) which it needs to do quickly before it moves on. What appears to be happening here is that the UEFI is unable to access the VBIOS most of the time and is outputting this message but if you keep at it, it will eventually get there.

As rdave13 suggested, try reseating the graphics card. The only other option would be to try another graphics card.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs