Are John Lewis Extended Warranties Worthwhile

Newuser939 13:49 13 May 2018

I ask the question in the light of my own experience. I bought a Lenovo All-in-one computer online from them just over two years ago and it came with an extended warranty of three years. It wasn't the cheapest, but that warranty provided some comfort. When something recently went wrong, I telephoned about the warranty thinking that they might have a network of approved repairers. Instead, I was told that I would have to take it to my nearest branch in a city centre location with difficult parking. I raised a complaint about it, but after a promised phone call never materialised, I got an email saying "I apologise you felt let down by the options available", and that was it. Does anyone else think it is unreasonable to expect customers to carry such a machine into a city centre just to get the benefit of the warranty. (In the event, after a great deal of googling, I was able to sort the problem myself, but that is beside the point).

mrcalif 14:24 13 May 2018

Does anyone else think it is unreasonable to expect customers to carry such a machine into a city centre just to get the benefit of the warranty.

No.

mrcalif 14:29 13 May 2018

Let me digress, if it was a 65" TV. Then that's a different matter.

hssutton 17:00 13 May 2018

My question would be are any extended warranties worthwile

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs