apdproxy.exe ?

Furkin 10:05 16 Jun 2010

Hi,
Yesterday & today, at boot-up, I get a message saying that "apdproxy.exe hasn't loaded/booted/initiated".

I had no idea what this was, so googled it.
Although I do use Adobe PhotoShop etc, it 'seems' that the file isn't actually needed, & indeed 'could' be a trojan.
I have a couple of AV things running,,,, obviously nothing picked up by them.

There are a few adverts of "How to Get Rid" of it, but they entail downloading a 3rd party program, which I am loathe to do,,,, without asking on here first.

I did a simple search & found 2 copies. They look identical, being of 56kb and dated 06/06/2005 - 23:46.
[1] C:\adobe\photoshop album starter edition\3.0\Apps
[2]
C:\program files\adobe\photoshop album starter edition\3.0\Apps

Do I just delete 'em ?
If so, what's the best way ?

thanks

T I M B O 10:28 16 Jun 2010
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:41 16 Jun 2010

You don't have a problem other than Adobe is trying to run at start up.

There are many programs that allow you to control our start up items but I prefer to use the tools section in Ccleaner click here as Cleaner also gets rid of all redundant files and is a safe registry cleaner as well.

Furkin 07:14 18 Jun 2010

TIMBO:
Cheers. That was the one program that I did try to search with,,,, and downloaded it to do so.
As I already have C.C I deleted it straight away.

F.B:
I have had CC for a while. As you will know from these pages, some people recommend that you do whatever it tells you,,, whilst others state that more care is needed, so i've been a little shy about running it (or understanding) it fully.

Yesterday though I used it to remove apdproxy.exe from start-up, along with WinFax.

Winfax had always been there, but the message about apdproxy.exe only started a couple of days ago.

It seemed o.k this morning - another result.

I can get back to looking for a PSU now.

Thanks folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?