AOL blocking legitimate emails

DieSse 20:39 28 Jul 2003

Has anyone come across any of their friends/family in Spain, with Wanadoo as an ISP, having their emails rejected quote "due to the high volume of spam from this ISP"

I had an email to -pops- returned - twice on seperate days, so no transient co-incidence. Plua I've had two other clients so far with the same problem.

This is totally outrageous - and there isn't even a link on their rejection message to complain about ths high-handed treatment.

Wanadoo (who own Freeserve) are probably the largest ISP in Europe!

Can any AOL users tackle them about this please.

Djohn 20:43 28 Jul 2003

I'm willing to give AOL a call, but not quite sure as to what you want me to ask them! j.

3tg 20:54 28 Jul 2003

I am having the same trouble with my emails to Hawaii and Cyprus via Bt.They are being returned. I have posted for help here but I haven't got very far. My English ones are ok.

DieSse 20:57 28 Jul 2003

They are blocking all emails from Wanadoo in Spain - many people use Wanadoo (Freeserve in the UK) to keep in touch, and all their emails(and mine - I use them too) are being rejected.

Please ask them to stop doing so.

3tg 20:58 28 Jul 2003

the exact words are " Due to spam your IP range has been blocked (code bl-2254) Contact postmaster for details. How does one contact the postmaster???. CHeers

Diemmess 21:00 28 Jul 2003

Like Djohn,..... can you say how Aol fits into the problem?

DieSse 21:01 28 Jul 2003

Which ISP are these emails to?

DieSse 21:02 28 Jul 2003

The title says it all

Djohn 21:05 28 Jul 2003

Ok loggig off now to give them a call.Meanwhile I have sent you my address, so you can try a test e-mail to me. Regards. j.

3tg 21:05 28 Jul 2003

To a hotel chain in Hawaii, outrigger.com, my friend works there and I cannot get an eamil to her, I have suceeded through Hotmail. My friend in Cyprus telephoned me to say she has her mail to me returned. Cheers

DieSse 21:29 28 Jul 2003

Yes but what ISP is it??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?