AOL ADSL USB Modem has stopped connecting

Indigo 1 18:37 22 Aug 2004

All connections are good and Device Manager is not showing any problems or conflicts.

AOL reports that it the Modem is missing and Auto Fix reports that it can't help after 4 or 5 attempts.

Have tried uninstalling it and re-booting but no luck.

Only 2 of the LED's on the modem flash when AOL is started, previously all 3 would flash in sequence.

Is there a way to test the Modem other than to replace it?

A visit to this site click here indicates that the USB drivers are out of date but I don't think that would cause it to stop working suddenly.

I also suspect the wiring in the phone extension to be of a poor quality and haven't yet tried the master socket but Dial-Up works on the same socket.

Win XP Pro, AMD 2.5Gig

CurlyWhirly 18:52 22 Aug 2004

I can't say I had EXACTLY the same problem as you but I had a similar problem with my BT Voyager 100 ADSL modem as it kept giving me 'DNS Server errors' so I uninstalled the original drivers (which I got off the installation CD which were dated February 2002) and since installing the newer drivers available from aol://1722:broadbandhelp under 'Modem Installation and Drivers' I have had NO more problems.
Give it a try!
I am assuming you have the BT Voyager 100 ADSL modem?
CW

CurlyWhirly 18:54 22 Aug 2004

but if you try Broadband help you will eventually find it under 'Modem Installation and Drivers'
CW

Indigo 1 20:41 22 Aug 2004

It's an AOL suplied Modem and I think it's a Globalnet one (it's at a friends house) but I'll give it a try next time I go round.

It's an AOL suplied Modem and I think it's a Globalnet one (it's at a friends house) but I'll give it a try next time I go round.

Indigo 1 20:42 22 Aug 2004

Indigo 1 20:56 22 Aug 2004

Whoopsy multiple posts..... !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?