Hot Topics

Anyone use sound bar on their TV ?

iscanut 16:49 20 Mar 2018
Answered

Like many others of us I'm sure, we have difficulty at time hearing TV dialogue clearly and am wondering if a sound bar would help. Do any of you use one and if so can you recommend one and is there any particular one which you think is good and good value for money. Thanks.

iscanut 08:53 21 Mar 2018
Answer

Thank you all for your comments. I am not at all sure that this is the best route but I will think about it. Maybe best bet is to go down hearing aid route ! Thanks.

wee eddie 08:57 21 Mar 2018

Why not chat to a handy nephew, the nerdier the better. They are always upgrading their Computer Kit and will, very likely, have an old set of Computer Speakers in the cupboard.

Try em and see

Pine Man 11:03 21 Mar 2018

Iscanut

I went into John Lewis and they demonstrated all of their sound bars and the Bose speakers on a number of different TVs before I chose Bose.

wee eddie 12:25 21 Mar 2018

Bose is beautiful to look at.

Quality wise, it is over priced, but most of us have hearing that is less than optimal. Appearance is important

bumpkin 20:27 21 Mar 2018

Have a look at the Creative that I suggested click here I have 2 sets around the £60 mark, both better than any sound bar I have heard.

bumpkin 23:18 21 Mar 2018

mrcalif, I think your last post sums it up really.

wee eddie 23:25 21 Mar 2018

If you are really going to go ape-shit on a Sound Bar. Do consider the Yamaha Models, they are said to create the most realistic Sound Stage but price wise, they regularly make Bose appear cheap

Joe G 23:13 22 Mar 2018

I bought this recently from Richer Sounds and am very happy with it - also has a bluetooth connection so I can play music from my phone. I used to have my TV connected to my hifi but when we moved this wasn't practical given the room arrangement click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)