anyone know where for find free fixes

shreked 11:33 20 Jan 2018

Hi I got a error code come up on my PC of which is 0x8007051b of which is a "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object."

There loads of websites that say you need to download a patch to sort and then when you click on it you have to pay. Does anyone know where I can get this fix free ?

Thanks

The Kestrel 11:45 20 Jan 2018

Have you tried this click here ?

shreked 11:48 20 Jan 2018

Yeah that was the website that I was getting link from. Click on link ok and download but then to complete they charge you

Govan1x 12:04 20 Jan 2018

Well that has to be a first. Tried to open it and Malwarebytes jumped in and stopped it from opening. Malwarebytes blocking Malwarebytes that has to be a first.

it comes up with this.

-Blocked Website Details- Malicious Website: 1 , , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data- Category: Unspecified Domain: www.wiki-errors.com IP Address: 67.225.147.27 Port: [63762] Type: Outbound File: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Govan1x 12:09 20 Jan 2018

Maybe download adw cleaner from here and give it a run. I suppose anyone that opened that click here should do the same.

adw cleaner

Govan1x 12:11 20 Jan 2018

If you still want to download Malwarebytes , Download it from here.

Malwarebytes

lotvic 23:10 20 Jan 2018

shreked, what were you doing - which program's involved, when you get the error message?

This is a Windows permissions/privileges error. Don't download dodgy programs that claim to 'fix it'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs