anyone know where for find free fixes

shreked 11:33 20 Jan 2018

Hi I got a error code come up on my PC of which is 0x8007051b of which is a "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object."

There loads of websites that say you need to download a patch to sort and then when you click on it you have to pay. Does anyone know where I can get this fix free ?

Thanks

The Kestrel 11:45 20 Jan 2018

Have you tried this click here ?

shreked 11:48 20 Jan 2018

Yeah that was the website that I was getting link from. Click on link ok and download but then to complete they charge you

Govan1x 12:04 20 Jan 2018

Well that has to be a first. Tried to open it and Malwarebytes jumped in and stopped it from opening. Malwarebytes blocking Malwarebytes that has to be a first.

it comes up with this.

-Blocked Website Details- Malicious Website: 1 , , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data- Category: Unspecified Domain: www.wiki-errors.com IP Address: 67.225.147.27 Port: [63762] Type: Outbound File: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Govan1x 12:09 20 Jan 2018

Maybe download adw cleaner from here and give it a run. I suppose anyone that opened that click here should do the same.

adw cleaner

Govan1x 12:11 20 Jan 2018

If you still want to download Malwarebytes , Download it from here.

Malwarebytes

lotvic 23:10 20 Jan 2018

shreked, what were you doing - which program's involved, when you get the error message?

This is a Windows permissions/privileges error. Don't download dodgy programs that claim to 'fix it'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple