anyone know about digital cameras???

JUSZO 19:42 11 Feb 2003

Hiya...having problems here. I have a Panasonic NV-DCF1 digital still camera. Not as modern or good as cameras on the market now but it does the job for me.
It was bought with a 2mb compactflash card installed, but can take up to 16mb according to the manual.
I have recently brought 3 new cards (4mb each) but they wont work.
They look identical in size and fit the camera perfectly BUT I get the "card with a line thru" message that means not installed/incompatible????:
Has anyone any thoughts PLEEEEEASE.
Thanks.

CTRL 19:58 11 Feb 2003

have you formated the cards

CTRL 19:58 11 Feb 2003

have you formated the cards

Stuartli 20:00 11 Feb 2003

Here's one page about this camera - it was also marketed by Canon and Konica although designed by Matsushita:

click here

I would imagine that you should be able to use any size CF card as 16MB was probably the highest capacity around in 1997.

It could be worth looking up the websites for Canon and Konica as well to see if there is any support available.

My own Minolta Dimage E203 was also marketed as a Konica KZ00 with slight cosmetic differences.

Stuartli 20:00 11 Feb 2003

Here's one page about this camera - it was also marketed by Canon and Konica although designed by Matsushita:

click here

I would imagine that you should be able to use any size CF card as 16MB was probably the highest capacity around in 1997.

It could be worth looking up the websites for Canon and Konica as well to see if there is any support available.

My own Minolta Dimage E203 was also marketed as a Konica KZ00 with slight cosmetic differences.

JUSZO 20:18 11 Feb 2003

Hi again...
sorry to sound a bit thick but...have i formatted the cards?
I didn't know you had to. And if so, I haven't the first idea in how I would do it. Can you let me know please.

JUSZO 20:18 11 Feb 2003

Hi again...
sorry to sound a bit thick but...have i formatted the cards?
I didn't know you had to. And if so, I haven't the first idea in how I would do it. Can you let me know please.

pj123 20:26 11 Feb 2003

From my experience with cameras that take CompactFlash cards the card can be inserted upside down. have you tried putting it in the other way up. BE CAREFUL!! don't force it.

As for formatting, if it needs to be formatted the LCD screen should show a message like "FORMAT - YES OR NO" so if you don't get that message it shouldn't need formatting. Of Course whether you get that message or not you should be able to force the camera to format it anyway.
Try searching through the camera menu.

pj123 20:26 11 Feb 2003

From my experience with cameras that take CompactFlash cards the card can be inserted upside down. have you tried putting it in the other way up. BE CAREFUL!! don't force it.

As for formatting, if it needs to be formatted the LCD screen should show a message like "FORMAT - YES OR NO" so if you don't get that message it shouldn't need formatting. Of Course whether you get that message or not you should be able to force the camera to format it anyway.
Try searching through the camera menu.

JUSZO 20:31 11 Feb 2003

No...definately not inserted the wrong way round. Also I don't believe it needs formating...Its just supposed to plug in and away you go.
When I put it in, camera just makes out like it is incompatible.
BUT I don't understand how that can be. I've tried all 3 of the cards I've brought but all the same.
Please, can anyone shed some more light on it?
ta

JUSZO 20:31 11 Feb 2003

No...definately not inserted the wrong way round. Also I don't believe it needs formating...Its just supposed to plug in and away you go.
When I put it in, camera just makes out like it is incompatible.
BUT I don't understand how that can be. I've tried all 3 of the cards I've brought but all the same.
Please, can anyone shed some more light on it?
ta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?