Any way to increase Laptop's volume above maximum?

buel 15:57 29 Jan 2011

Hi, i have an old Medion MD96032 and the audio isn't quite loud enough for me. Please can anyone tell me is there a way to 'tweak' just a little more than i have, short of plugging in hardware?
Thank you in advance!

Taff™ 16:01 29 Jan 2011

Basically no but I stand to be corrected! A set of speakers with built in amp should do it.

By the way did you get this thread sorted? click here Only it`s been parked for a week and no response from you. ;o)

GaT7 16:03 29 Jan 2011

Taff is right.

Do you need some suggestions? If yes, what's your budget & will a 2-speaker or 2.1 (with subwoofer) speaker set suffice? G

buel 16:34 29 Jan 2011

Thanks Taff, i've just closed the other one with a satisfied (happy) conclusion!!

buel 16:35 29 Jan 2011

Thanks crossbow, im not looking to spend very much as i only use it now and then so what do you think?

robin_x 16:36 29 Jan 2011

Paste from another Google search "increase laptop volume"....

You mention that you've tried all the software tricks, but here are a few just in case you've missed them. Volume on a PC is controlled in a million places and sometimes you need to adjust them all.
Quote:
-Control Panel, Volume Control
-Control Panel, Volume Control, Advance (make sure master, wave, cd, etc. are up)
-Volume control in system tray, if available
-Laptop function-key volume (mine is Fn+F10-12, my wife's is Fn+PgUP / PgDn)
-Control Panel, "Multimedia / speaker" profile setup thing
-Volume control in media players -- open up all of the media player programs on your computer and turn their volumes up -- sometimes their volumes "stick"
-And obviously, look for any physical buttons/knobs/dials on the outside of the machine.
:Unquote

Also make sure if there is a Graphic Equalizer control hidden somewhere, all its sliders at max.

Otherwise
click here

woodchip 17:10 29 Jan 2011

You can buy USB powered speaker from about £5, thats what I have connected to my HP laptop

onionskin 20:15 29 Jan 2011

when I plug my headphones in.

bremner 20:19 29 Jan 2011

Less than £12 click here

buel 14:24 30 Jan 2011

Brilliant!! Thank you so much!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?