Hot Topics

Any advice on cheap laptops?

Gordon Freeman 14:51 23 Aug 2019
Answered

My laptop has died so want to get a cheap replacement rapido, but it's for work so needs to have the following:

• Minimum intel i5, 15" screen if possible

• Windows 10 Professional -vital

• TPM chip on the motherboard - vital

• Microsoft BitLocker enabled for Full Disk Encryption - vital

Could I just fit the old SSD out of my dead win 10 pro i7 laptop in whatever temporary laptop I get in order to avoid re-installing all software?

Am looking around as we speak (cheap laptops dot something) but any input appreciated. I don't even mind a refurb to be honest at this stage. Thanks.

Gordon Freeman 17:22 23 Aug 2019
Answer

Sorted

john bunyan 19:19 23 Aug 2019

It would be interesting to know what model and price you chose.

alexistexas12121200 05:28 14 Dec 2019

you want to buy a laptop but you don't have much money, so remember some points, first of all, find the need, why you want to buy a laptop! after the find out about your requirements, I recommended you use to buy a needful laptop, basically according to the minimum requirement the basic laptop should be 4GB ram, 500GB hard disk, i5 5th generation process. thats all. facebook

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:35 14 Dec 2019

We discussed cheap refurbished laptops awhile ago on the forum and several of us including FE bought one from click here and were well pleased.

Lenny Doom 12:20 17 Dec 2019

Look at Vinga, the company recently appeared on the market

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)