ANTIVIR...!! DONT GET IT!!!!!

keiththebeast 23:19 12 Sep 2006

hi everyone well ive been using the net for over 7 yrs now & had my own pc for years & had various anti-viruses throughout the yrs avast/norton/avg/pc-cillin/f-prot & just 2 days ago got informed by some gadgey @ pc world to quote his words "get rid of everything & get antivir" so been a nuget i thought ok ive never heard of it but i will give it a try...omg never ever ever ever again good points its small doesnt hammer your cpu & thats about it..bad points its not safe & trying to get it to do a scan is something of a nightmare like "wheres the command to let you scan it.." & it battered my pc...i got backdoors/viruses/spyware just about everything it even made my game on a website that ive been using for over a year go mental it somehow affected "java" as it began to start flashing like a strobelight, it shut down my browsers & i thought i might have to format my pc back to "dos"...anyway i have never had such a surge in issues since installing this rubbish & to top it all @ first i sent a email to some freinds & 3 of them had similar issues & one of them had to format his pc & hes got a degree in "it".....not sure if anyone else has had this issue but i am going to email them to ask wat kinda "outfit" avira gmbh are running but iam not a happy chappie..let me know your thoughts ALSO does anyone know how to get rid of the remaining "DLL" files of thi so called antivirus as i am having a hard time removing them from the pc..thankx
keith

iambeavis 23:55 12 Sep 2006

The DLL files left in the instalation folder can be deleted whilst in safe mode - you can use 'unlocker' just to be certain - click here

keiththebeast 00:07 13 Sep 2006

many many thankx m8..!! i did forget thats the way so many thanks for your reply & time
:-) kind regards
keith

wolfie3000 14:25 13 Sep 2006

Iv been using Antivir for years with no problems what so ever,

I have never had any bad infections from viruses in that time.

Sorry to hear you had trouble with it.

keiththebeast 15:32 13 Sep 2006

Wolfie thankx for your reply m8 yeah i suppose the net & pc's are like that arnt they some things work & somethings dont work..whata queer world we live in eh..lol @ first i thought it was my XP (os) but then found out it wasnt so anyway ive had a email from the company but it was in another language..???? but not to waoory ive got AVG now so we'll see how that goes..

wolfie3000 22:03 13 Sep 2006

I guess it all depends on how a pc is set up,
Everyones pc is set up differently and i guess people have there favourite a/v,s and spyware blockers.

Kate B 22:30 13 Sep 2006

I'm afraid I couldn't actually read your post, though I gather you've had problems with an antivirus package. Hope you've got it sorted out now.

skidzy 23:08 13 Sep 2006

"I'm afraid I couldn't actually read your post"

Kate if its the size of the font that is the problem and not being in paragraphs,maybe try

ctrl + scrolling your wheel on your mouse,this will enlarge the text for you.

Apologies if you knew this

Forum Editor 23:34 13 Sep 2006

I doubt it was the font. keiththebeast's post was very dfficult to read because it didn't contain a single comma or full-stop.

Forum Editor 23:39 13 Sep 2006

has won many awards, and is used by millions of people - it hardly warrants the label "rubbish".

I think you need to examine your computer's configuration, or your surfing habits, or both, because I very much doubt that the symptoms you describe are all being caused by AntiVir.

skidzy 23:41 13 Sep 2006

Doh :-O !!

No wonder i struggled to read it FE,and ive got good eyesight (or so i thought) Lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?