Another word thing

  Josquius 17:22 14 Dec 2003

In word is there anyway to get numbers to go small and above the letters?
What I mean is when you write 10 squared it is normal 10 then a little 2 above and to the right of the 10. Is there anyway to get numbers like this 2 on word?

  Diodorus Siculus 17:28 14 Dec 2003

Make text or numbers superscript:

Select the text you want to format as superscript.

On the Format menu, click Font, and then click the Font tab.

Select the Superscript check box.

  Diodorus Siculus 17:29 14 Dec 2003

PS That is in Word2000.

  AndyJ 18:01 14 Dec 2003

There's also a shortcut key. Highlight the text you want to convert, hold down the Ctrl and Shift key and press the +/= key whilst keeping the other two depressed.

This is a toggle so each time you press the +/= key it will switch between supercript and normal text

  VoG II 18:02 14 Dec 2003

If you want to do this a lot you can add a button to the toolbar. Tools/Customise, Commands tab, click Format in the left hand pane then in the right hand pane scroll down to locate the superscript button, then drag it up to a toolbar.

  Josquius 18:55 14 Dec 2003

Ok thanks, the keyboard shortcut works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Gmail : comment annuler l’envoi d’un e-mail ?