Another question about home cctv

bumpkin 23:09 03 Dec 2018

I have a fairly decent cctv system but the instructions and user manual are hopeless, I have even downloaded and printed the100 page version.

I have managed to get it online and thanks to some recent help get it connected to a time server. I wish to network it so that I can view it on other devices like my phone or other PCs on the network. I have looked on Google forums as well as the manual but I don’t understand terms like “Mapping” or “Port Forwarding” also tried downloading and installing suggested apps to no avail. System is Annke , nearly forgot to say that. Anyone here that understands this sort of thing.

wee eddie 17:58 09 Dec 2018

Which version of Android OS. It may be too old for the software

bumpkin 19:38 09 Dec 2018

it is 4.4

wee eddie 21:13 09 Dec 2018

Android is currently on Version 9, is it possible that your Samsung is too old

bumpkin 21:50 09 Dec 2018

The phone itself was only bought a few months back (new)but is does seem to have a very old version of Android, can I upgrade this somehow.

wee eddie 22:15 09 Dec 2018

First: Read the Manual. It may tell you the version of Android required to operate its software

bumpkin 15:09 10 Dec 2018

It doesn't appear to even in the full manual. just refers t "other devices"

mildred hunter 15:55 10 Dec 2018

Annke View mobile client software, which is designed for mobile phone on the basis of Android OS (Version 4.0 or higher), can be used to remotely monitor the live video from embedded DVR, NVR, network camera, network speed dome and encoder via wireless network, play back record files, locally store and manage pictures and videos, control alarm output and realize PTZ control as well.

With this software installed in your phone, you are able to log onto the front-end device via Wi-Fi or 3G; besides, if there is no public IP available for the device, it’s accessible by using a dynamic domain name, or by mapping ports to the public IP of router.

lotvic 21:13 13 Dec 2018

mildred hunter, plagiarism The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

If you must copy and paste - credit or link to the source.

Forum Conditions number 3. Copyright – By registering for access to our web forum you agree that the copyright in any content you may post to the site passes to IDG Communications Ltd upon publication, and that we may reproduce any contribution in whole or in part any IDG Group publications, websites, or advertisements without further reference to you. We will not use your real name in any such publication without first obtaining your prior consent.

Valentinajacob 10:47 04 Jan 2019

If you view the cams in Internet Explorer, you should see 3 QR codes on screen, for the Apps in Android & iOS and another which is the serial code for the device.

You can probably call them up somewhere in the main settings, but I don't have a display attached to the DVR itself to look, as it's hidden away.

Valentinajacob 10:49 04 Jan 2019

Can be used to remotely monitor the live video from embedded DVR, NVR, network camera, network speed dome and encoder via wireless network visit via click here and you will get the hep regarding the cctv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

The year's best animated short Hair Love is finally online

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Cdiscount : la PS4 Pro 1 To + 5 jeux à moins de 400 €