Another HDD problem

ikle_pixie 14:25 17 Jul 2005

I've just formatted my hdd and reinstalled 2000. But now at boot up its asking to choose an OS. I haven't meant for a duel boot. When you choose the second one you get a message saying it cant boot. when i formatted i deleted the partition and ive looked everywhere for the other OS. I dont understand what ive done..

If you read my other post this hdd is the one im using now not my 80 gig one....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:55 17 Jul 2005

What choices does it give?

PS close the other thread by ticking the box this is very confusing to work from two threads.

Eric10 14:55 17 Jul 2005

These instructions are for XP as I don't have Win2k to refer to but it is very similar and you should be able to adapt.

Right-click My Compter and choose Properties. On the Advanced tab in the Startup and recovery section click Settings. Now remove the tick from 'Time to display list of operating systems'

ikle_pixie 15:02 17 Jul 2005

Thanks Eric10. The wasnt a settings button, but theres a tick box that says display list of operating systems. Sounds like the same thing. Hopefully that should work.

ikle_pixie 15:02 17 Jul 2005

dont wanna close the other one cus its kinda still open until i have a fiddle with the other hdd in a bit...

dan11 18:46 17 Jul 2005

A link to the other thread would be nice.;-)

From the scant information on this thread, it may be that the partition you deleted was an extended partition. If this extended partition held the original windows 2000 or another operating system. Then certain boot files will be on the active primary disk, giving the option to duel boot. Or was this disk a slave or master to another?

Changing the time out for the boot sequence, will certainly stop it appearing, but it does not stop the underlining fact that it is there and should not be.

dan11 18:47 17 Jul 2005

A link to the other thread would be nice.;-)

From the scant information on this thread, it may be that the partition you deleted was an extended partition. If this extended partition held the original windows 2000 or another operating system. Then certain boot files will be on the active primary disk, giving the option to duel boot. Or was this disk a slave or master to another?

Changing the time out for the boot sequence, will certainly stop it appearing, but it does not stop the underlining fact that it is there and should not be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?