Annoying pop up ads and desktop icons

Awkgreen 11:21 09 Nov 2015

After having done some video editing and shut down,when I booted up to do some more,I had a desk top screen full of icons which were clips of videos I'd been editing.i deleted them all but they are still there each time I boot up.i also have pop up ads when I go on web sites like eBay,they cover half the screen,and after deleting them they keep coming back each time I click to go to a page making it impossible to carry on..I've downloaded Adblock but it's made no difference.

davecartman 13:35 09 Nov 2015

My wife had the same problem. Something had installed itself on her laptop and the result was pages of ads all over the screen.We could not find it to delete it. We tried ever cleaner we could find but eventually came across ADW cleaner. It's free and took less than five minutes to run and the ads completely disappeared Hope this helps

Govan1x 14:32 09 Nov 2015

Try running this to see if it clears it.

Click Here

Govan1x 14:33 09 Nov 2015

Sorry davecartman just noticed that you already posted it.

NevenLand 14:34 10 Nov 2015

I would check first for unrecognized programs in the control panel and if that wouldn't work then using hitman pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures tablettes tactiles (2018)