Annoying pop up

Bike-it 17:40 21 Mar 2008

Anyone know how i can get rid of this annoying pop up, Ads served by cpmsky.biz, have tried super antispyware, Adaware, and spyware terminator but is keeps comming back.

mfletch 18:32 21 Mar 2008

You can block pop ups and help protect your computer from Trojans by using a host file,

Have a look here for some info,

click here

MAJ 18:35 21 Mar 2008

If you're using IE, enter this line into your hosts file:

127.0.0.1 cpmsky.biz

MAJ 18:36 21 Mar 2008

or whatever the full address of cpmsky.biz is.

MAJ 18:48 21 Mar 2008

Chances are you could have something more serious installed, run a scan with Hijackthis click here and post the log at this site for help in cleaning. click here you will have to wait a while for a response. Read the posting instructions carefully before posting.

wardenfelps 22:26 03 Apr 2008

iam having the same problem with cpmsky.biz pop ups...i have done everything i can think of..virus scans, disk clean ups, defrags,spybot and bought both registry booster, speed up my pc 3. But they still pop up!!! what else can i do??

skulkramp 02:41 22 Apr 2008

Had the same problem with cpmsky popups. antivirus and add ware detectors didn't pick it up. was easy to remove with add/remove software in the control panel. i foget the actual program name but was on the nature of search enhancement cpmsky. just went through the list of programs and removed all search enhancements I didn't recognize. if unsure what the program is, just google the program title and someone has typed some info on it. hope this helps ya.

birdface 08:55 22 Apr 2008

I would follow Maj's advice and go to the Malware forum.An Example.click here They will clean your computer but it may take a few days as they are very busy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?