Annoying message on startup re printer

Sue Hopkins 13:22 13 Mar 2018

I have an annoying message that comes up every time I start my PC. 'There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 6520 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll'

It started when I changed from the HP 6520 to an HP 6510. I uninstalled all the old software but was left with this. Can anyone help me get rid of it?

difarn 13:26 13 Mar 2018

Did you try this?

click here

alanrwood 13:29 13 Mar 2018

Assuming Win 10, then go to the location and delete the file if it is still there. Then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del then Task Manager. Select the Start Up tab and remove the start up item which is calling that file

Sue Hopkins 13:36 13 Mar 2018

Thanks for your replies. I did a search in Windows Explorer for 6520 and it came up with an orphaned shortcut in startup so I deleted that and problem solved! I wish everything was that easy!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:36 13 Mar 2018

Its probably still in te registry to start the program

you could try running the registry cleaner in CCleaner (use the free version) its very safe to use.

Run the registry tool - click fix all selected items and keep running it again until nothing shows up.

You can also uSe CCleaner to see if its appearing in the startup options (i.e. starting up when your computer boots up), hate things auto starting in the background which aren't necessary.

wendymurphy 06:55 14 Mar 2018

You can visit here to get all the customer care support for printer as well as the software !!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:55 14 Mar 2018

Spam from wendymurphy

wendymurphy 05:28 15 Mar 2018

No pal Its just providing information to contact the customer care support as I too have encountered various issues and contacted the same to sort out my issues regarding this !!

Forum Editor 16:06 15 Mar 2018

wendymurphy's link is to a site where you can find toll-free numbers to customer care for various companies in Canada and the US.

Not applicable here, in the UK, but perhaps Wendy was just trying to help.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?