Animated GIF's don't animate in my browser

stewc 21:23 18 Mar 2003

I have loaded some animated GIF's to my website and they don't animate when I view my site from my home machine I use IE6, but they do when I view from work also IE6. Other web sites animate ok, why want mine.

watchful 21:29 18 Mar 2003

You should find it under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab. Scroll to Multimedia and tick box for showing animations.

stewc 21:34 18 Mar 2003

I have compared those setting against my works machine and they are the same, box checked

AlanHo 23:34 18 Mar 2003

When I had this problem some time back I was advised to delete all my temporary Internet Explorer files.

In Internet Explorer. Tools, Internet Options, General tab, Delete temp internet files.

Sure enough it worked and the GIF animations worked again.

Roadgiant 09:36 19 Mar 2003

I had exactly the same problem myself a couple of weeks ago. Do a search using "Viewing animated gifs?"in last month.
In my case it was the firewall (ZoneAlarm pro) that was causing the problem and I cured it by :-unchecking a checkbox in ZoneAlarm under privacy/custom/ad blocking/animation.

Roadgiant 09:37 19 Mar 2003

I had exactly the same problem myself a couple of weeks ago. Do a search using "Viewing animated gifs?"in last month.
In my case it was the firewall (ZoneAlarm pro) that was causing the problem and I cured it by :-unchecking a checkbox in ZoneAlarm under privacy/custom/ad blocking/animation.

stewc 18:31 19 Mar 2003

Thanks Roadgaint it was ZoeAlarm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?