Android PIM

morddwyd 16:08 01 Sep 2013

Anyone recommend a decent Android PIM?

I've been using Pocket Informant but it has become quite flaky and I've lost some important data.

I know there are lots out there, looking for some personal thoughts

HenryF75 10:28 02 Sep 2013

A lot depends on how much you wish to spend. I bought a Coby Kyros 6" tablet through the internetlast year for about £60 and it is giving sterling service as a PIM. The diary and contacts sync with with MS Outlook 2013 using Companion Link and the built in E Mail is first class. I do not use this machine for much else though it has full internet capability. It can also connect to the internet through my 3g dongle.

Woolwell 12:41 02 Sep 2013

A misunderstanding of the question - Android PIM app wanted. When I had android I used the built in pim through Google contacts and calendar. A page of pims

SimpleSimon1 16:01 02 Sep 2013

Hi Morddwyd

Personally, I've never found an android PIM that does everything I want, in a way that I like! However, I do find that a combo of Wunderlist & CalenGoo for Event and Task Management plus Evernote for everything else, works pretty well. CalenGoo also integrates with Google Tasks but I haven't looked into that aspect yet cos Wunderlist is a very nice [free] task manger which meets my [admittedly, reasonably simple) requirements. I picked up CalenGoo free from the Amamzon App Store (£4.63, normally) but Business Calendar from Appgenix (comes in free and paid - £3.99 - versions) is a good alternative which my wife swears by.

Of course, this assumes that your planning is 'Google-centric' but since I've never been able to get decent bomb-proof integration between Outlook and Android, I've shifted over to Google as my main planning tool.

Good luck

morddwyd 20:28 02 Sep 2013

Thanks for the responses, particularly the page of PIMs and suggested solution.

I must say I am hanging on a bit to business use, which I don't really need now.

The only events I need to manage are medical appointments (though God knows there are enough of those!) so I really only need a well programmable task manager.

Oh for Lotus Organizer for Andtoid!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?