Hot Topics

Android - NFC tags and Location, Mobile Data etc

compumac 09:25 23 Feb 2020

Android Phone : Some years ago I used NFC tags and Tasker/Trigger/to switch on Bluetooth on the phone when entering/leaving the car along with various other tasks.

I have not used this facility of late and am now needing to use an NFC tag to switch on Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Synchronisation and Location when entering the car.

The options for all four does not seem to appear within Trigger or am I missing something? Alternatively other suggestions?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:49 23 Feb 2020

Are they switched on in settings? before you set up your task.

compumac 11:31 23 Feb 2020

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Had not considered that, but tried it and still no options to within Trigger to select Mobile Data, Synchronisation or Location.

Bluetooth alone works perfectly.

GPS is given as an option but requires rooting and I do not wish to go down that particular avenue

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:32 23 Feb 2020

have you got the latest version of tasker?

compumac 13:08 23 Feb 2020

Fruit Bat/\0/\

I have been using Trigger for some time and Tasker was on phone but no longer. My posting was based on using Trigger but have noted your comments and have just downloaded the latest version of Tasker and will look into that.

I seem to remember that there was quite a learning curve with Tasker but will check it out this afternoon.

Thanks for that

compumac 14:23 23 Feb 2020

I have downloaded Tasker I am(due to my advancing years plus) having difficulty in getting as far as creating a profile!

Age does create problems for those who are not aware of the condition.

Any guidance would be appreciated (in simple terms please)

compumac 16:23 23 Feb 2020

I have spent well over two hours with Tasker and have decided that it is overly complicated with too many settings that require attention to spend any further time on it in relation to what I want it for.

Thanks Fruit Bat anyway

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:36 23 Feb 2020
  compumac 19:03 23 Feb 2020

Fruit Bat/\0/\

Thanks for that link, But I started on computers some 30 odd years ago with no-one whatsoever to help and learnt computing the hard way - creating complex spreadsheets and finished by teaching people on computing. So I do have a background in computing.

BUT.......

I have followed your link and indeed have looked at other videos of a similar nature and find myself with a totally blank mind.

Either I am missing something very basic or age related difficulties are kicking in, with the latter being the probable cause. All I wanted to do was to use an NFC tag to switch on Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Synchronisation and Location when entering the car.

I now think that I will give up on this project.

Thank you anyway

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:30 23 Feb 2020

there is always IFTTT

Haven't used NFC tags for quite awhile - when my father went blind in old age and got lost round the house I used them in conjunction with a phone to tell him where he was.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €