Analogue to firewire?

Stubacka 13:53 09 Mar 2005

Can anyone tell me where I can get a phono (red/ yellow/white) to firewire adaptor cable that will allow me to transfer analogue vidoe tapes to a laptop with only a firewire connection?

Is there another way?

TomJerry 14:02 09 Mar 2005

you can get it around £60

There is no another way. There is no such adaptor possible, converting analogue video to digital is a very complicated process.

medicine hat 14:07 09 Mar 2005

You really need to go to your local Maplin and discuss the problem. There isn't a single cable which will do what you require but there may be other ways. Does your laptop not even have a mic in?

George Smiley 14:11 09 Mar 2005

Someone bought me an analogue DVD camcorder as a pressie. I ended up buying an Adaptec DVD Video Oh External box for convert the signal to digital format. I plug the camcorder red/yellow/white cables into this box and it connects to the PC via USB 2.

Captures it all perfectly.

However, there are cheaper converters about and you could also install a cheaper PCI card that does the same analogue to digital conversion (Adaptec do one as well as other companies).

As to Firewire, after researching I ended up not worrying if I connected ultimately via the Firewire of USB 2 ports in the end...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Artist Helen Friel on designing paper models for everyone to make

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts