American Greetings Creatacard will not open

Treboul 23:23 08 Feb 2005

When I open Creatacard I get an error message and a choice of close or ignore buttons. If I press ignore it tells me that CACARD caused a General Protection Fault in Module CACARD.EXE at 008:A3BO Choose close.CACARD will close. Sometimes I can use certain parts of the program but not the card building part of the program.This seemed to happen after I usd the Advisor Microsoft update disc!Any ideas?

THE TERMINATOR 23:38 08 Feb 2005

Could be the update, if you have XP then I would do a system restore to before you installed the disk....TT

pc moron 23:48 08 Feb 2005
  anchor 09:44 09 Feb 2005

You don`t say what version of CreataCard you are using, or what version of Windows.

I have CreataCard Gold version 2, and it works fine with Win-XP.

You could try installing it in compatibility mode.

Treboul 21:33 09 Feb 2005

My version of creatacard is 1.01.I changed the compatability to windows 95 but could still not open in the normal way. I then tried going Programs - Creatacard - Creatacard and opening up the 'forget me not' section of creatacard rather than creatacard itself and when forget me not opened I clicked on the card symbol at the top of the screen and everything opened and worked ok. It's a long way around but it worked on my system. I hope this helps others to solve their problems. Thanks for all the other suggestions.

anchor 15:46 10 Feb 2005

Glad you can at least use it. I know from reading reports that the early versions were a problem with XP.

Did you try fully uninstalling it, then using compatibility mode for the re-reinstallation?. This worked for me with an early calendar making programme that failed in XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?