AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS

parthmodi 23:34 25 Aug 2018

Hi, I recently bought a new computer I installed Oracle VirtualBox and tried to start a VirtualMachine but ran into the following error:

AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS (or by the host OS) (VERRSVMDISABLED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005) Component: ConsoleWrap Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

I thought that this problem would be solved by going to the BIOS and enabling Virtualization. But when I went to the BIOS, I could not find the Virtualization option.

Please Help !!!

Bris 10:25 26 Aug 2018

You could try this.

Secret-Squirrel 11:00 26 Aug 2018

parthmodi, what's the model number of your CPU?

parthmodi 14:05 26 Aug 2018

Thank you for your quick reply...

I have an Acer Aspire GX-281.

Secret-Squirrel 18:01 26 Aug 2018

I have an Acer Aspire GX-281.

That's your computer's model number. For starters I wanted the model number for your CPU (AKA processor) to see if it's AMD-V enabled. You can find the CPU model number in Device Manager or you could try Bris's link.

Secret-Squirrel 18:16 26 Aug 2018

I Googled your problem and found a couple of other users on the Acer community forum with the same problem. The advice was to update the BIOS to the latest version. Additionally you may need to "Load Default Settings" in the BIOS too.

The affected users didn't respond with any feedback but the advice given was sound.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)