AMD Radeon R7 Graphics issue ? Monitor black

tom154 18:54 21 May 2019

Hi

Recently i've started to have a problem where my display fails, though the pc itself keeps running. I've been unable to refresh the video driver using the windows ctrl and something else button (which i read about on a forum as being a way to help perhaps), which leave me having to switch off the pc and boot up fresh. About 6 months ago i had to link up a second monitor which i thought was perhaps related to this, but it is also failing when i've only got one screen plugged in, so i'm confused.

I'm not a massively savvy regarding all this so am limited in my knowledge here, though i have checked for updates on the graphics card, which came back as no update needed, so i'm at a bit of an impasse now.

I'm on windows 10 pro 64-bit, amd a8-7600, radeon r7, 3.1ghz.

Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help.

Tom

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?