Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)

conrail 17:24 09 Jan 2019

hi all, hope you all had a great christmas, son has decided I needed new technology so has bought me a Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation, click here so setup and linked to laptop, tablets and phone, unlike him I don't have the latest gadgets, ie smart tv, my query is when I switch laptop, tablet etc., on or off, the echo dot notifies me of this, as if I didn't know, after all I have switched the things on/off, how do I turn this notification option off, all help and advice appreciated

difarn 17:04 13 Jan 2019

I don't have one but according to an article I read go to your Alexa app, click the top left button, Settings, Notifications and see if you have an option to switch offthe annoying notifications?

conrail 11:09 14 Jan 2019

thanks difarn, gone to alexa app on all 3 devices but no option under settings & notifications, think I will either put up with it or remove laptop from alexa list, I could mute but the would defeat the object of having the unit

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf