Am I stupid?

  flyingbrit 23:12 06 Dec 2005

I have a 6600gt graphics card in my pc, with D-SUB 15, DVI and a small round socket,TV-OUT S Video Composite with a cable to suit. What do I need to be able to receive tv channels and display them on pc?

a tv in card, like haupaugge etc.

  flyingbrit 23:17 06 Dec 2005

Yea, so what's this cable for that's got the small round plug on each end then?

  VoG II 23:19 06 Dec 2005

To connect to your TV?

  flyingbrit 23:20 06 Dec 2005

which socket on tv?

  SANAP 23:37 06 Dec 2005

It sounds like the socket is s-video a DIN and unless your tv has a similar socket then u will have to buy a converter. What make is ur tv, how old is it? The usaul way is to get and s-video socket at one end and a scart at the other. TV must have scart.


  flyingbrit 23:44 06 Dec 2005

That's how it works!!!.....cheers SANAP

  flyingbrit 23:51 06 Dec 2005

Sorry.....and the rest of you

  flyingbrit 23:52 06 Dec 2005


  007al 23:54 06 Dec 2005

And NO!you`re not stupid.
if you dont know,then you dont know!
i had the same conversation earlier about the connectors for a projector

  flyingbrit 00:16 07 Dec 2005

Yea I realy knew I wasn't's just I couldn't work out where this damn cable came into the equation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?