Am I missing something?

kingkenny 00:06 10 Oct 2003

Hi all,

I have just recently upgraded my windows messenger to v5.0. I used to start up BB and it would sign me in automatically as v4.7, now it no longer does that. I have to prompt it to sign me in everytime, even though on the initial sign up window I asked it to sign me in automatically and have repeated the process several times. Has anyone else encountered this and can anyone suggest a solution?

clayton 00:10 10 Oct 2003

Have you tried msn messenger ?

kingkenny 00:19 10 Oct 2003

yeah, it conflicted with Windows messenger and suffered more pop ups

smegs 00:51 10 Oct 2003

I think if U Open Messenger, Gp to tools, Then Options, Then General Tab, It's in there I think. Thats if it's the same as MSN Messenger.

Chegs ® 08:53 10 Oct 2003

On my daughters puter,msn refused to keep the password/username,I upgraded to newer version for her and this prob went only to be replaced by msn booting her out after 5 mins.I removed the tick from "Sign me away after xx mins" and it stopped exiting msn.Try removing/reinstalling msn and see if that cures it.

Chegs ® 08:55 10 Oct 2003

msn=windows messenger(try the above with windows messenger)

hugh-265156 09:06 10 Oct 2003

in 4.7 its tools/options/perferences and tick allow this program to run when windows starts.

kingkenny 11:42 10 Oct 2003

All the tabs are selected. It starts up when windows starts and has just stopped signing me in when I start up Broadband. It was absolutley fine with 4.7 and now needs prompted to sign in with 5.0. I wonder if it is my Firewall...

hugh-265156 13:35 10 Oct 2003

4.7 is "windows messenger" 5.0 is "msn messenger"

just to confuse things slightly.

but should be similar in set up.

check tools/options/privicy and untick the always ask me for my password when signing in box.

Which broadband service are you using?

If your answer is BT Yahoo then this is a known problem and something that is being investigated.

kingkenny 11:40 11 Oct 2003

Have to disagree with you, if you check this link it is labelled as Windows Messenger 5.0 and MSN messenger has a different page.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts