"Always Carry out action" checkbox not remembered.

skiddaw 23:20 11 Aug 2004

If I tick checkboxes to always carry out the action required such as "always open with the task" or in the customize notification area the action is forgotten. I am running windows xp pro service pack 1. Can anyone help with this problem as it is becoming a pain whenever I connect my digital camera and the required action does not autorun.

hugh-265156 23:38 11 Aug 2004

are you saying that for example, you select a .jpeg and choose 'open with/choose program' and choose your program of choice and tick the box to remember it and xp does not remember it?

click here anyway maybe.

skiddaw 18:55 12 Aug 2004

The problem does not arise using the "open with" dialog box, but manifests itself when I dock my digital camera (drive f) which should autorun the programme for downloading the photos. I have tried to turn on the autorun properties for drive f and for auto running the progamme for photos, but windows will not "remember" the action to take the next time I dock the camera. It also happens with the taskbar hide icons (when inactive/all the time) instruction. I hope this explains the problem a bit better.

hugh-265156 19:12 12 Aug 2004

click here maybe

skiddaw 19:44 12 Aug 2004

I have tried the repair wizard now,but f drive properties still will not remember "always carry out this action"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Procreate's iPhone app offers new brushes, a larger canvas and better support for the iPhone 8/X

Best multi-room speakers for iPhone & Mac owners

Streaming : comment regarder le lancement de Xiaomi en France ?