Hot Topics

Although I delete unwanted emails Googlemail

hssutton 21:48 11 Jan 2020

I always delete unwanted emails in Googlemail keeping the 'bin' relatively empty, this evening I went through my regular cleaning routine, but find I've suddenly got pages and pages of emails from 2015 and possibly earlier as I've not yet got rid of everything. Anyone know what has suddenly happened?

x13 10:22 12 Jan 2020

I don't know if it's the same 'issue' as I had. Under 'Personal' I created what I thought were folders and titled them by date. A few years ago I deleted folders from 2009 to 2012 to get rid of the no longer required old mail. To my surprise if I searched for 2010, for example, in the search box a load of 2010 mail appeared. So the folders are really only labels and had to delete the 2010 mail manually.

hssutton 11:10 12 Jan 2020

x13. No it's not the same problem,I've never created any folders in Googlemail. All was OK until a few days ago when I deleted contents of the 'bin'. I've now deleted over 10,000 email from 2014-2015

difarn 12:02 14 Jan 2020

The problem may be in your settings if you are getting mails from other accounts. Have a look at this solution:-

click here

hssutton 20:13 14 Jan 2020

difarn In settings it's listed as Import from Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL, or other webmail or POP3 accounts., but cannot see any way to alter this setting. I have not used any other accounts for a few years now, so maybe that is how I recieved all the mail from 2014-15

difarn 20:27 14 Jan 2020

You should be able to change the setting to delete mails after downloading. If you go to your GMail account the accounts that you are collecting from should be listed. Click on the actual account and you should be given some options, one of them being settings - you should then be able to change the setting.

wee eddie 20:47 14 Jan 2020

Yahoo have been mucking around with "Groups" just lately. maybe that is their sauce

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor unveils special edition Magic Watch 2 with artists and designers

The story behind Royal Mail's new video game stamp set

iPhone SE 2 release date, price & specs rumours

iPad Air 2020 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs