Alternative Digital Photo Editing Program ( FREE )

minefield 21:00 22 May 2005

A lot of people seem to be looking for an alternative to photoshop,paintshop pro ect and free usually comes up as a big WANT.

Well you could take a look here click here

Not been using this that long myself but it is a very good program and it's Free.

By the way I own Photoshop and this i use sometimes instead of,Now surely that says something about the program.

123pete 21:09 22 May 2005

Looks like a good progam

woodchip 21:16 22 May 2005

Or you could try click here

minefield 21:29 22 May 2005

woodchip as always your right "The GIMP " is a very good program, But i feel photofiltre is a better program for people who just want a quick fix for there digitals photo's.

Photofiltre is an easy and quick way to get all the effects you want or need and is also a program that in the right hands with someone taking a little time to learn the program it is an advanced tool to.

woodchip 21:34 22 May 2005

I only use a Simple one It does all I need, But it's got taken Over by Coral. Micrografx Picture Publisher 8. Although I have PSP Anniversary Edition and lots more I always go back to PP

minefield 21:41 22 May 2005

Each to there own,I was shown this program by a friend a few weeks ago,And found it a very good program.

Just thought i'd share it with anyone who is intrested in trying something new that does IMHO a very good job.

Buchan 35 21:47 22 May 2005

Thanks for that. I use Picasa 2 myself because it`s idiot proof but I`ve downloaded yours to have a look at tomorrow. Thanks again

hssutton 22:32 22 May 2005

I can certainly second minefields recommendation. I mainly use Photoshop CS2, but Photofiltre is a very handy tool to have on your PC. Far better than a lot of the progs you pay for.

minefield 08:47 23 May 2005

Glad to hear someone else is in agreement about the Quality of this program.

iscanut 10:16 23 May 2005

Although I use Photoshop Elements 3, I also like Picassa 2 and it is worth a look..
Here ... click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)