Alternative to AVG Antispyware

trisha01 07:21 18 Jan 2007

Being using the free AVG Antispyware but the trial has finished today. It's been good and has stopped a few 'visitors' before they've had chance to take hold. Does anyone use a good antispyware that has real time scanning that's both free and doesn't slow up the computer? thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:36 18 Jan 2007

There is another free version available....click here

G

Taff™ 07:38 18 Jan 2007

Windows Defender click here

Andsome 08:01 18 Jan 2007

I have so far only heard of one person who claims that Windows defender has ever found anything. The general opinion on another forum that I use regularly is that it is next to useless. I scanned with A squared and found four Trojans and four tracking cookies. I left them on the computer and scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware and found the same four. Leaving them on yet again, I tried Windows defender and it found ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I would recommend click here and click here Make sure that you download the FREE versions.

cocteau48 08:40 18 Jan 2007

I would recommend Spyware Terminator:
click here
been using it for months with no problems at all.

trisha01 22:45 18 Jan 2007

I've downloaded the Spyware Terminator - thought I'd give it a go. One question though - can I use the Clam Integrated Virus as well as running AVG Anti Virus?

skidzy 22:47 18 Jan 2007

Only use one antivirus,if more than one...you will create conflicts on your system.

[email protected] 23:13 18 Jan 2007
  Input Overload 00:47 19 Jan 2007

I also have been using Spyware Terminator for some time, it offers background protection & it's free. I have had no problems & it's been stable on my system.

trisha01 07:26 19 Jan 2007

Right thanks didn't think I could use the Clam anti virus as well so I didn't enable it. See how we go with Spyware Terminator.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?