almost constant "Google not responding "

haricot 08:52 12 Sep 2013

I am sure that this must have been asked before but I cannot seem to find Ihe details so I am asking again in the hope that someone can help before i go completely around the bend.

It generally happens around the middle of the day but it has happened at all times. I also get occasionally get Internet Explorer not responding too but mainly Google.

I have tried using Internet Explorer without Add-ons and this does improve it sometimes but it is a problem that I have had for sometime now and no-one seems to know the answer.

Even when I post it on line , loads of people seem to have the same problem but I have never seen any solutions.

can anyone help please.

onthelimit1 09:31 12 Sep 2013

have you tried a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox?

spuds 12:46 12 Sep 2013

If you have CCleaner installed on your machine, then check what's running in Start-Up on all browsers installed. This might give some indication to any issues!.

haricot 13:42 12 Sep 2013

thanks Spuds.

I have just had a look at that and I have about 18 programs that start up when I switch on. All seem familiar and relate to what I have installed but I have to admit that I am absolutely as green as grass when it comes to computer technical matters. Therefore I dont really know what to look for or how to deal with it. But as I say those programms listed all look familiar ie there doesnot seem toba ny "rogue" ones listed.

Anyhow I very much appreciate you taking the time to respond...thanks again.

haricot 13:48 12 Sep 2013

Just seen Jocks reply and I'm sorry mate but due to my " greeness" as mentioned in my previous response, I do not know how to do what you suggest. I do apologise for seeming like a "wooce" but I have not had a lot of experience in computer " technicalia".

I am gratful for your interest anyway.

wee eddie 14:23 12 Sep 2013

As a rule of thumb. You only need your security programmes to open at start. The rest can be open when needed.

wee eddie 14:25 12 Sep 2013

On to your main problem. What type of connection do you have?

Algerian peter ™ 14:38 12 Sep 2013

How to open a command prompt box

click here

haricot 16:31 12 Sep 2013

Thanks again guys but I'm afraid that I am obviously ill equipped knowledge wise to deal with this problem . I have done what you have all asked but am not capable of analysing it or following it through.

So I will have to leave it as it is and try and get someone to come in and solve it here on site.

I am greatly obliged to you all for for your advice.

haricot 16:31 12 Sep 2013

Thanks again guys but I'm afraid that I am obviously ill equipped knowledge wise to deal with this problem . I have done what you have all asked but am not capable of analysing it or following it through.

So I will have to leave it as it is and try and get someone to come in and solve it here on site.

I am greatly obliged to you all for for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?