Aligning blank page in MS Word (2010 ed)

Yimbo 13:35 31 May 2017
Answered

Previously, when I opened Word to begin a new document, the blank page appeared on the left of the screen. Now it appears in the centre. I found the former setting more useful. How can I reset to this default position? Thank you.

Pine Man 14:00 31 May 2017

It used to be the case that if you wanted to position Word on your screen you opened it up then dragged it to the size and position you wanted then closed it by using the drop down menu FILE and selecting CLOSE rather than the cross in the top right corner.

Pine Man 14:02 31 May 2017

Sorry that should be FILE then EXIT. Just tried it and it still works :-)

wee eddie 14:05 31 May 2017

Vie4w > 1 Page or 2 Page

Yimbo 14:27 31 May 2017

Thanks Pine Man - I note what you say - except that I can't drag the blank page anywhere!

Thanks too, wee eddie - but I don't quite understand your post.

Pine Man 14:44 31 May 2017

Somethings not quite right there. Maybe you should consider a repair/reinstall.

Pine Man 14:49 31 May 2017
Answer

I think I have worked out what wee eddie means.

Open word then go to VIEW. If you select 2 pages then 2 will be shown. If you select one page only one will be shown on the left, dependant on the size of the page. So if it fills the whole screen make it smaller and it should default to the left.

Pine Man 14:56 31 May 2017

I've just been fiddling with VIEW and there is no logic to it!

All I can say is that if you fiddle with the one and two page settings in VIEW and the size you should be able to get the page to default to the left.

I originally thought you wanted to open the Word window to the left of your monitor screen.

wee eddie 15:36 31 May 2017

If you select 2 Pages, the first page will appear in the centre. when you have filled that page with text/ whatever and the next page opens, it will be along side it on the screen

Yimbo 16:43 31 May 2017

I'm sorry to have given you folks so much bother. I've "fiddled" with View, and it seems that things have restored to what I wanted, and had, originally. Thank you for your time, trouble and helpful advice!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?