Alienware Are 51 ALX video cards problem

Tage Bore Ribesen 23:45 21 Feb 2018

Hello,

I have a problem regarding my Alienware Area 51 ALX with these specs; Processor: Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz (8MB L2 cache) Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Memory: 6GB DDR3 SDRAM Hard drive: 2 x 1TB Seagate @ 7200RPM (RAID 0 configuration) Optical drive: Blu-ray readable / DVD+/-RW Graphics: 2 x ATI Radeon HD5970 w/2GB GDDR5 in CrossFire Networking: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet

My screens after boot up often just turn black after 5-20 minutes of ontime for the computer. What causes the videocards or whatever to do that? Someone know?

Best regards from Norway

wee eddie 00:51 22 Feb 2018

It will cost you nothing to check if dust is reducing the airflow across the CPU & You'd heat transfer fins.

It is easy to blow away visible dust but more difficult to clear between the fins of your radiators

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?