alcatel speedtouch usb adsl modem ?

Magik ®© 22:08 23 Jun 2005

hi, because my BT BB is next to hopeless, with it dropping the signal every few mintues and less, to prove to myself it is not the equipment, I was wondering, if i connect up the above and load the software, for the frog, would it work now that the BB is running at 2 mb, i think when i first got the thing it was running at about a quarter of that...thanks

ps:i now use a BT Voyager 2000.....

woodchip 22:12 23 Jun 2005

No harm in trying it, Make sure to load the software first

Magik ®© 22:16 23 Jun 2005

yes, guess you are right.....

woodchip 22:20 23 Jun 2005

If it work's OK do a check on the Speed at one of the BB sites

Noelg23 22:33 23 Jun 2005

or do a speed test here click here

Bagsey 22:36 23 Jun 2005

You should have no trouble I started with a 500k conection now have 2mb BB and am using thie same modem as you are talking about.On Bt. I am using Btyahoo and although more expensive than most I have never had any trouble with it and am a believer in "you get what you pay for"

Magik ®© 23:01 23 Jun 2005

mine has been playing up since 30th may, that is a long time, countless phone calls, the numbers i have rung are...08702404650,0800679905,08001698639,08456007030,0800800150, and so it goes on, explain all, then always told, they can not help and they give me another number, have emailed them, had two replies, giving me a number to ring, both times, 15 minutes eplaining all, then I have the wrong dept.. what the blody hell you suppose to do...the engineers rang once told me they were checking the exchange, that was 2 weeks ago, since then sod all..apart from me ringing them up...

Bagsey 08:49 24 Jun 2005

In my early days of BB I had some trouble with dropped lines etc. I tried everything that I could think of and then someone on this forum suggested that I do a filter check. I disconnected every thing and put back phones etc one at a time. Sure enough one of my newish filters had failed. Got new filter from Maplins and its been ok since. May be worth a check if you havent already done so. We do tend to overlook things that have been working OK.

Magik ®© 09:00 24 Jun 2005

good point Bagsey, but i have no filter on the BB socket, because there is no phone plugged in, in the clutching straws dept :-( I have moved it all to the master socket that does have a filter, still no joy,I have altered the built in attenuation till it must be choking the line to death....I did have a call from BT a while ago saying they could see there was a problem. perhaps they were trying to humour me...

woodchip 20:12 24 Jun 2005

So what happening with the Frog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts