alcatel connection lost

bus man 23:38 19 Oct 2003

my wifes automatic alcatel speedtouch connection has disappeared ,she now has to click the "connect" button, whereas when i click the speedtouch icon, connection starts automaticaly..no idea how this has happened so any help for a pc knuckle head would be appreciated thanks

powerless 23:43 19 Oct 2003

Does the green light on the modem flash?

And when you click connect its has become a solid green?

What operating system are you using?

bus man 23:55 19 Oct 2003

green lights seem fine , both on constant , using xp ; it isn't really a big deal , just an in-convenience that my connection is instant but she has to move mouse to "connect " box.. whereas the corresponding box when i log on says "cancel" .. just a bit odd ; i must have un-checked a box one day , idle hands and all that! thanks

green lights seem fine , both on constant , using xp ; it isn't really a big deal , just an in-convenience that my connection is instant but she has to move mouse to "connect " box.. whereas the corresponding box when i log on says "cancel" .. just a bit odd ; i must have un-checked a box one day , idle hands and all that! thanks

sorry did that twice !..

powerless 23:58 19 Oct 2003

Click start, run, type:

msconfig

Click ok.

Then click STARTUP.

Now in the list look for an item with alcatel in it....

Tick the box next to it.

That should re-eanable a connection at start-up.

Or click start and have a look in the startup folder, remove the connection and then put it back in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique