Aerial booster for TV

Diodorus Siculus 18:21 17 Jul 2007

Hi, a friend has moved into a flat which has pretty poor TV reception via an outdoor TV aerial. I've been told that we can get a "signal booster". Can anyone recommend one, preferably off line so we can pick it up in Argos or the like tomorrow morning.

Many thanks all,

Dio

Stuartli 18:23 17 Jul 2007

An aerial booster will not cure an already poor signal; it would be better to get an aerial company to have a look at the existing aerial and cabling, which may be past their best.

eedcam 18:27 17 Jul 2007

You can get one at argos but check its covered by their 16 day return policy.They can and do work but a lot depends on the signal they will boost a weak signal which is often enough but they will also boost any thing else the Ae is picking up

Diodorus Siculus 18:35 17 Jul 2007

Thanks for those replies; may well get a decent indoor aerial and see how it goes.

Further suggestions always welcome.

Cheers, Dio

Stuartli 20:46 17 Jul 2007

It's an outdoor aerial that's presently in use.

Stuartli 21:44 17 Jul 2007

This is what you probably read(!):

"....may well get a decent indoor aerial and see how it goes."

namtas 21:55 17 Jul 2007

Are we talking digital here or analogue?

Diodorus Siculus 23:28 17 Jul 2007

Sorry for delayed response.

The aerial is indeed an outdoor one, situated in Redhill, in Surrey. On quite high area so I'd have expected things to be ok from that perspective. Could well be poor quality aerial and cabling.

I'm going down there tomorrow so will see what I can do via a decent indoor aerial - if no go, I'll get an external and see how we get on.

Cheers, Dio

Diodorus Siculus 19:27 19 Jul 2007

The one I went for worked well - seems the extermal is dead. Anyway, she now has TV again so is happy.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Cheers, Dio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Moleskine launches limited edition Lord of the Rings notebook collection

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?