Advice on OCR software please

Jayne doe 12:25 29 Aug 2005

I have been bought 2 lots of software. Textbridge pro 11 and Scansoft Omnipage 14. Which one is best to use please? If I open them both to try them then I cant return either one so I wondered if anyone has extensive knowlege of these please. Ive tried looking on net and PCA has no reviews on OCR that I can find. I scan lots of stuff to turn into worksheets and to file stuff on computer or I would drown in paper. Thans. Jayne

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:39 29 Aug 2005

Have used previous versions of both software.

Am still using Textbridge Pro millenium as I prefer this software for the type of work I do.

bobbybowls 13:48 29 Aug 2005

i have been using textbridge for a few years and have found it meets all my needs, canot coment on scansoft as i have not used it.

Diemmess 14:43 29 Aug 2005

- I was impressed when I bought Omnipage 12 as an "upgrade" from an earlier version of Textbridge.......... Still use it regularly and have no wish to try Textbridge again.

stylehurst 14:50 29 Aug 2005

I have used Omnipage Pro 14 ever since it was released (Ver 15 is now available in USA) I have been very impressed with the level of accuracy with OP14, over 95% with third & fourth carbon copies off a manual typewriter.
Suggest you keep OP & return Textbridge

Jayne doe 17:43 29 Aug 2005

OK thanks guys
will keep omnipro 14 and return Textbridge. Thanks. Jayne

Jayne doe 17:44 29 Aug 2005

OK thanks guys
will keep omnipro 14 and return Textbridge. Thanks. Jayne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique