adsl hell

jcb33 14:25 06 Jan 2003
  jcb33 14:25 06 Jan 2003

hi i am wanting to get adsl i saw in thus mag that there was an adsl gide so i got it i decided i am going to go with click here but b4 i do cud u tell me if this service is any good thanks alot jason

ps if this is no good culd u please recomend some that r this cheep that r good thanks

Confab 14:29 06 Jan 2003

Seems ok but you'll also need to pay this

"The monthly subscription is £18.99 per month only. We will be charging you 3 mths in advance at £56.67.You can also pay annually in advance if you wish, for a yearly cost of £226.68. There is also a one-off set up fee of £58. Modems are available from£76.99 including one microfilter and Special Delivery.You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Switch, Solo, and JCB."

jcb33 14:32 06 Jan 2003

my questions bout the service are 1. is there a restriction on the speed of downloads and how much you can download per months 2. can you use file sharing programs e.g Kazza on it.

jcb33 14:33 06 Jan 2003

my questions bout the service are 1. is there a restriction on the speed of downloads and how much you can download per months 2. can you use file sharing programs e.g Kazza on it.

Confab 14:38 06 Jan 2003

I would guess you can download at 512kb as this is the standard minimum download speed. For the price, and its not the cheapest, then there should be no restriction on how much you can download/upload per month and you should be able to use a p2p prog without restriction. You would be better off (a) reading the faqs and (b) mailing the comany direct for an answer to be sure.

Regards

jcb33 14:41 06 Jan 2003

is there any cheeper broadband services or any that r better for no mor than £20 a month

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?