adobe professional for attachments

kingussie 19:37 03 Jul 2008

When I try to open attachments from emails,I now get a message requiring me to buy Adobe professional. This is new,what happened and how do I avoid having to upgrade to prof

kingussie 20:05 03 Jul 2008

yes but it will not allow me to read the attachment after 10 secs showing it. It is overlaid with requirement to buy prof vesion.this did not happen a while ago

Technotiger 21:36 03 Jul 2008

I agree with Marge7 - and would advise you to get rid of Adobe anyway as it is very CPU intensive, or at least its updates are. Foxit would be a better bet for you.

Also advise you to run all your Anti-everything programs as Marg7 is probably correct in suspecting Malware.

kingussie 21:49 03 Jul 2008

I have removedAdobe professional which somehow got loaded,now when I rey to open the file it keeps going back to open or save again and will not open...now what

Technotiger 22:23 03 Jul 2008

When you run Revo un-installer and the process asks if you want to re-start your computer - Don't re-start at this point, Revo has more to do ... you will then get to the point where you have to option to Select all and Delete - Do so! then continue following Revo until you get the option to click on Finish. Then re-start your computer to finalise the process. Adobe should then be no more!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?