Administrive Password on Dell E5450 Laptop

kentona72 20:56 13 Mar 2019
Answered

Hi. I am chairman of a seniors social Club and we have just been given a Laptop by L&G the Insurance company. Obviously they had to wipe the laptop clean before donating it to us. I want to install windows10 on there but everytime i try to change the boot system to USB i get the message ' The Administrive password is set on this Computer' and I dont know the Password is there anyway around this or must I go back to L&G and try to find their techy guy who cleaned the HDD to see if he knows it? Kind Regards Kentona72

KEITH 1955 21:28 13 Mar 2019
Answer

if you dig deep enough on the web you will find a way to do it but am not prepared to say on here how to do it. Just think of the security implications if idiots read the answer , god knows how many pc's hacked .

kentona72 22:29 13 Mar 2019

Hi Keith 1955,Thanks for that of course you are right , In fact I did what you suggested and have found an answer to my problem. Regards Ken

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Nvidia’s Gaugan tech turns simple colour blocks into realistic landscapes

New AirPods 2 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique