address bar

User-C36C17DD-CB36-4359-8C1755C210746FBE 15:08 25 Oct 2003

how do i delete all the address in my drop down address bar...
i am using xp
when u type in something the address bar automatically drops down with all the sites i have visited..
i have deleted the history and cookies and files everything has gone apart from one stubborn one how do i get rid of it... please help

MichelleC 15:13 25 Oct 2003

Look at similar post. Although it's re: 98 look at last 2 posts. click here

bretsky 16:16 25 Oct 2003

In your browser click tools and from the dropdown box click internet ops then click the content tab and at the botom you will see a box called 'Autocomplete', click on Clear forms and all the sites you have visted will be erased, also It will give you a chance to set up your options..............Bretsky

keith-236785 16:41 25 Oct 2003

in Internet Explorer, click tools/internet options, in the temporary internet files, click "delete files" then ok.

then in the history section, click "clear history", i also set my history to 2 days so that entries are automatically deleted after 2 days.

you can do this anytime you like.

good luck

keith-236785 16:42 25 Oct 2003

sorry i forgot to say, if you do as i suggested above, you will lose ALL the previously visited addresses, so if there are any you want to keep, make a note of them or add them to your favourites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?