Add/Remove Programs Not Listed

Taff™ 10:07 04 Jun 2006

I have backed up a friends data and used the dreaded red floppy to restore to factory settings. The Packard Bell software appeared to do this successfully and I then set about trying to remove various programs from add/remove. Virtually nothing was listed!

For example Adobe Reader 5 is installed and working on the computer but doesn`t appear nor is it listed in All Programs. As basically all the preinstalled software. (Power DVD is listed in All Programmes but again not in Add/Remove)

I`ve googled but can`t seem to find a clue - it sounds like a registry problem. Anyone experienced this before?

The Spires 10:11 04 Jun 2006

The Add & Remove data is located in the registry & as you have reverted back to factory setting the registry no longer contains information regarding the programs that were installed after factory default. You could try re-installing the programs you want to remove & hopefully you should then be able to remove them.

VoG II 10:12 04 Jun 2006

click here{47}Remove-Programs-applet? could be a start.

VoG II 10:13 04 Jun 2006

Sorry click here but The Spires suggestion is good.

Taff™ 10:28 04 Jun 2006

The Spires - Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that all these programs were restored from the hidden partition so I don`t actually know what has been installed other than going down the C:\programs route.

I`ll check out VoG`s link - cheers mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?