Adding headphones with microphone

golucky 19:38 02 Jun 2004

My Mesh computer has no separate sockets on the soundcard for a headphones/microphone combination and neither have the speakers. The soundcard has the usual green,blue,pink and black sockets and I have fitted a splitter which enables the powered speakers/amplifier and the headphones. I've plugged the microphone jack into the pink microphone socket - but that doesn't seem to work - I really wanted to use it with my webcam. Would it be better to use a switched hub and are there different hubs for different applications? I'd be grateful for your advice - and thank you.

hugh-265156 19:45 02 Jun 2004

if you soundcard has a mic in connection as most do then it may just be muted in sounds and audio devices or audioHQ if its a creative card.have a check here.

test you mic by clicking start/run and type dxdiag and click ok

click the network tab and click the 'test directplay and voice options' tabs and run the wizards maybe.

golucky 19:15 03 Jun 2004

Thank you hugyg72 - I found the dxdiag illuminating although I'm still trying to get my microphone on the headset to work. I'll keep pressing the keys - that always seems to work in the end!

hugh-265156 19:27 03 Jun 2004

i dont use a mic or a headset but would imagine if the headset is not a usb connection then you should have two jack plugs instead,one for speaker out and one for mic in.

can you describe the connectors please or post a link to the product maybe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?