Adding files to Windows Media Player 10 library

craigmorris 15:42 28 Aug 2005

Is anyone else finding this impossible under Win XP Pro Sp2?

I gave my stereo away as I was looking forward to using my new pc but until I can add files to the library I can't listen to my music.

Any advice will be very VERY gratefully recieved.

Craig

toxin 15:57 28 Aug 2005

Hi Craig,
Don't Know about WMP10; but in WMP9 if you goto the folder where your music files are, and I assume they're WMAs, open the folder>edit>select all> rclick> add to playlist> in dialog box,click new> name your playlist, click OK> open WMP,select Library and the playlist should appear in Left pane; click on it and the files should appear in the right hand pane.

Hope this is of some use, Toxin.

pharte 15:57 28 Aug 2005

dunno if my limited knowledge would help but on first launch of media 10 it asks if you want to search for media files and off it goes. At the bottom of the player there is a green plus sign and a message saying "add to library" click on it and add all your music files by searching for them.

craigmorris 16:01 28 Aug 2005

Thank you for your helpful suggestions. Upgrading from WMP9 this is exactly what I did but to no avail. I can create playlists but can't add any files to the library - and this is what I REALLY want to do as I like to skip around my music collection and rate songs I like.

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Craig

selfbuild 18:49 28 Aug 2005

Open WMP10 and press F3.... you should get a box open up asking you where you want search for your media files.

CHAIRLEG 21:02 28 Aug 2005

Open WMP 10 click on file and it gives options for adding files to library

craigmorris 21:08 28 Aug 2005

I know how files are added - or at least can be added by nearly everyone else - but the problem I'm having is that though my MP3s are recognised by WMP they're NOT actually added to the library.

The above appears to be a problem introduced with SP2.

craigmorris 21:09 28 Aug 2005

I know how files are added - or at least can be added by nearly everyone else - but the problem I'm having is that though my MP3s are recognised by WMP they're NOT actually added to the library.

The above appears to be a problem introduced with SP2.

dangerusone 22:58 28 Aug 2005

I have given up on Windows Media Player, I've downloaded MusicMatch Jukebox, it's free and much more user friendly.I also use WinAmp,also free

craigmorris 10:15 29 Aug 2005

WMP10 is dead. Long live MusicMatch Jukebox! Thank you so much for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?